Thursday, December 3, 2015

Massive environmental disaster in Brazil.

I don´t know if you know this, but about the 5th day of November, a huge environmental disaster happened in the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil. As a commenter remembered to me, in the last post´s comments, I thought it was good mentioning here. 

What happened was that two mining dams collapsed and released a lot of toxic mud, that is the residue of the mining of iron, in what is know here as 'tragedy of Mariana'. Mariana being one of the cities that was hit by this mud (toxic mud no less). 


You can read a lot of this information much better in websites specialized in world news. For example, here.


I´m going to resume saying that not a lot of people have disappeared, and in number of human casualties it is not a big disaster. But so far, it is estimated that 13 animal species were extinct because of it, and of course, other environmental consequences are to be expected. 

Welcome to the world. 

Cheers. 

2 comments:

  1. No damn kidding!! I had no idea. The world is horrible and too TOO DAMN big. God Lord Help ass.... Us, I mean us.... Please. I hope only for good for all. But, that's stupid. I am stupid. I am lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard on the Paraguayan radio that this massive tragedy is being compared to what happened in the Ukraine with Chernobyl. And as you said welcome to the world, a truly ugly and mad world. Raul

    ReplyDelete

Please, make sure your comment fits with the overall theme of the post. Don´t be rude or offensive towards others without reason - though everyone is free to be vocal, overly offensive comments may be altered/deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...